Friday, August 7, 2015

Texas Heat & Breaking Old Habits

I'm in Texas visiting my brother and his cute little family right now (more details on Instagram) and I decided to take a short walk to the pharmacy at 1pm in the scorching heat! Oh my goodness, it's hot! I actually like it but since I'm not used to it I decided to pick up a Gatorade for the walk back. As I was leaving the store I realized that I had picked up the "low calorie" kind. I didn't even think about it, it's just habit. Of course that got me thinking again about how these seemingly tiny little habits all add up to NOT RECOVERY!
Outfit details:: dress - Target // sneakers - Chucks via Zappos // sunnies - Dior

So here's my list (so far) of habits I have that simply come from the eating disorder and not me. 
They need to be broken:

1. Not drinking calories or choosing low calorie options.
New habit - incorporate some fruit juices or full calorie Gatorade as I don't enjoy soda
2. Refusing dressings or condiments.
New habit - try some and see what I like

I am sure there are more but this is what I can think of right now. And I think it's important to replace old habits with new ones rather than just trying to stop an old habit. Just my opinion.
Other than that I'm trying to just survive this day without restricting. Today is hard. My biological father left when I was very young. I don't know him. My brother and I have recently been in touch with him. We are nervous about seeing him and he is OVER-THE-MOON with excitement about seeing us. So I'm just trying to manage my anxiety... Tomorrow morning is coming and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Do you have any habits that interfere with your recovery? Or your personal growth in general?
If so, what? How do you plan to change them?

XO,

No comments:

Post a Comment